ENERGY FORMS AND USES
- An object can be seen when it reflects light or when it is a source of light.
1) How is shadow formed
- when light is completely or partially blocked by an object.
2) Variables that affect shadows formed
- shape, size and position of objects
- distance between light source and object or object and screen.
3) Common source of heat
- Sun, hair dryer, oven.
4) What is temperature of an object
- is a measurement of its degree of hotness.
5) Differentiate between heat and temperature
- Heat is a form of energy.
- Temperature is a measurement of the degree of hotness of an object.
6) How heat flows
- flows from a hotter to a colder object/region/place until both reach the same temperature.
7) Effects of heat gain/loss
- Contraction/expansion of objects (solid, liquid and gas).
- Change in state of matter
8) Identify good and poor conductors of heat
- Good: metals
- Poor: wood, plastics, air
9) Primary source of energy
10) Why living things need energy
- Living things need energy to carry out life processes
11) Differentiate the ways in which plants and animals obtain energy
- Plants convert light energy from the Sun to chemical energy in the form of glucose, using the process photosynthesis.
- Animal get their energy through the food they consume.
12) Various forms of energy
- Kinetic energy
- Potential energy
- Light energy
- Electrical energy
- Sound energy
- Heat energy