Diversity of Living aND NON-LIVING THINGS
1) Describe the characteristics of living things
- need water, food and air to survive
- can grow, respond and reproduce
2) Recognise broad groups of living things
- plants: flowering and non-flowering
- animals: amphibians, birds, fish, insects mammals, reptiles
- fungi: mould, mushroom, yeast
DIVERSITY OF MATERIALS
3) Compare physical properties of materials
- Strength: is its ability to be subjected to loads without breaking.
- Flexibility: is its ability to bend without breaking.
- Waterproof: when it does not absorb water.
- Transparency: refers to whether the material allows most/some or no light to pass through.