1) Describe the meaning of Exothermic and Endothermic reactions
- Exothermic reactions are reactions which give out heat energy to the surrounding.
- Examples are combustion(burning) and neutralisation reaction between acids and alkalies.
- Bond making is exothermic
- Endothermic reactions are reactions which absorb heat energy from the surroundings.
- Examples are photosynthesis and thermal decomposition (breaking down of compounds using heat).
- Bond breaking is endothermic
2) Draw and label energy level diagrams for exothermic and endothermic reactions